Sunday, September 5, 2010

Steve's 30th Birthday... SURPRISE!!!

I managed to surprise Steve for his birthday a few weeks ago with a fun party with friends from every phase of his life.  It took some doing to locate people but made the surprise more meaningful.  To make the surprise happen I told him now that he's an adult (maybe?) that we needed to go get our pictures taken together.  Thus, he needed a hair cut and new clothes BEFORE his birthday.  So we left for our pictures and a birthday date.  Grandama was going to be our "out late as you want" tender.  But actually she was our cover for the whole set up crew that came after we left for his birthday date.  My plan was pictures and dinner and then say we were going to a movie but at the last minute say I had forgotten the credit card I'd used to prepay for tickets--requiring us to go home.  It worked!  We went home and I ran inside to "get the card" and told him the dogs were barking in the back and maybe he should put them in their kennels.  So while he went to the backyard gate I ran through the house and to the backyard and got to watch him be completely shocked by the people waiting for him behind the gate.  I loved it! and I think he did too.

1 comment:

Laura W said...

I love this idea! I had to read it to my hubby, too. :) I did a surprise party for his 30th (well, it was his 1/2 b-day, different story) and I know how tricky this is to pull off!! :) I wish I'd thought of the "forgot the credit card" trick. Awesome. Happy b-day, Steve!