Saturday, September 4, 2010

A kick in the rear

A friend of mine posted a question/statement on Facebook that has had me smiling for a week.  (I even wrote out what she said and put it on my fridge- it might even be put into a frame I like it so much).  She said:  "Is it called child rearing because it kicks you in the rear?"  I laughed out loud when I read it.  It is so funny! ...and has some solid truth in it too.  Then as my week has progressed I've thought of a few different "kicks in the rear" my kids have given me.

Carson and I were getting in the car, I buckled him up and got in my seat.  As soon as I was getting ready to turn the car on he said "Mom. Please put your seat belt on, I don't want you to die."  (Thanks for the reminder Carson, I can tell you love me.)

Malorie was saying the dinner prayer and asked: "Please bless mom and dad to teach us good--- so we can teach our kids good too."  (Thanks Mother Malorie for the kick towards being a better mom.)

Kaylee begged for a sack lunch for school on a busy morning and I scrambled one together and sent her off in a hurry.  As she walked in the door from school that afternoon she said so honestly and regretfully "Mom, I forgot you gave me lunch to take and I ate hot lunch today, I'm really sorry."  (Way to teach me how to just say I'm sorry.)

I am constantly surprised by the moments that my kids are rearing me more than I do them.  They improve me and lead me to being better in all aspects of my life- especially those actual child rearing days that are a hard 'kick in the rear'.


No comments: