She loves knowing what to expect and can plan for it. When we read her classmate list a few days before school began I asked how many kids she knew from 1st grade and she said "only two but that means I'll have a whole new class of friends!" and she has started doing that already. She's my straight as an arrow leader and she'll be great as a school girl.
Malorie started school a week later on a freezing rainy day with a downpour a rain happening right when we were ready to walk to school and take pictures. So we drove instead and took a quick picture by the 'K' door -with her winter coat on- and she then marched right into class. She did at least wave an 'I love you' as she proudly became a school girl. I did walk into her class a minute or two after she did, just to see, and guess what.... she didn't need me. She knew what to do and handled it on her own. But I think I still need her - I miss her already.
We celebrated at the end of one week of school for Malorie, (two weeks for Kaylee). They are officially school girls who 'go to work' everyday and are eager to do homework, read and have an after school snack while I try to get details of their day out of them.





No comments:
Post a Comment