Sunday, September 5, 2010

Natalie

Nat and I got to hang out quite a bit while she was in town from Texas.  We went to Wheeler Farm with all our kids and someone asked us if we were running a daycare...  we just smiled and proudly said "nope, they're all ours".  We went to the Aquarium and the kids were starving after we'd been there 10 minutes (it was only 10:30 am) and after 20 minutes they were all pouting and fussing so we left, went and got some lunch (which took a good hour) and then came back to the Aquarium where we had several runs to the bathroom with the kids.  Finally, we saw the exhibits just in time before having to get back home for naps.  Our next outing was the zoo.  We were completely prepared with a double stroller, a wagon, sunscreen, lunches, snacks, drinks, Grandma and 3 cameras.  So why did no one want to be in the double stroller but wanted to be in the wagon or pushing the wagon?  And how come the bird show is at 11:30 when kids are hungry and there's no food allowed because an eagle might come steal it? And why didn't we think to bring umbrellas for the sudden thunderstorm and downpour or bibs for the ice cream we ate while waiting out the rain?  Oh it was an adventure hauling 6 kids around, ages 7 and under, but we laughed about it and had fun watching our little cousins, as they referred to each other, enjoy being together.  It was so fun to just be together doing our mom duties side by side and swapping stories and definitely creating some new ones together.  Nat helped me keep from going crazy with all the details of Steve's surprise party and gave me good ideas to implement into my own parenting.  I'm thankful for a sister who faithfully calls me because I can't ever find time to pick up the phone and call her.  I love that she comes to just hang out in Utah as her summer vacation- she helped me clean my house, organize a party and take care of my kids.  But then why should I be surprised... she's my sister.  Thanks for coming Nat, I love you.

I found this fitting poem that describes how us Carson sisters are:

Sister, we've been there through life's sorrow and pain
But together w have always endured the strain
We've argued and bickered and made each other mad
But if you weren't my sister, life would be so sad
We've cried till we laughed and laughed till we cried
Sometimes for no reason we didn't even know why
When we're not together our bond is just as strong
Because we are sisters we know when something is wrong
We've whispered our deepest secrets only sisters could share
I love my sister dearly because she really cares
So whether we are together or we are far apart
Natalie, you're my sister, my friend and always in my heart.
--Cindi Moore

1 comment:

Natalie Walker said...

I'm all misty-eyed. Thanks, Ang. I love you and I'm so glad I got to spend so much time with you and the kiddos. I miss you already.