A good rain storm is such an exciting event when your little. I remember my dad waking me up a few times to enjoy a good lightning/thunderstorm and playing games to see how long it took for the thunder to follow the lightning. We would open the windows to enjoy that favorite smell of mine---rain, or is it the freshness because of the rain? Either way I was taught to love it and still do. We'd also go out in the rain with the coolest rain jackets on. They were clear red or purple plastic with a rainbow on the front of it. I remember loving the sound of the rain landing on the hood- it was so loud! Umbrellas always came outside with us too and we'd twirl them and hide as deep as we could under them.
So now being able to see my kids excitment about it made it fun all over again. They went out dressed hap-hazardly and towing their umbrellas and marched back and forth in front of the house and found every puddle and little worm available. I re-lived it along with them. Simple pleasures are so grand.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays



No comments:
Post a Comment