Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Being a princess is too much work!

Tonight while tucking the girls in bed I reminded Kaylee that the habit of biting her nails isn't what a princess would do and she should try to break the habit.  Kaylee sighed and said "being a princess is TOO MUCH WORK!"  Malorie then rattled off a list of things that princess, like her of course, have to do:  "ya, princesses have to have long nails, wear dresses, use good manners, do their hair cute..."  It was too funny!  It's obvious that Kaylee is still my true blue cowgirl who likes to get dirty and wear holes into her pants and then Malorie won't get near the dirt because she's plastered hairbows all over her head and has a frilly dress on with the most sparkly shoes she can find, all while carrying a baby and all the baby gear required.  I love how different they are and yet they are the best of friends.  As I left the room reminding them it was time to go to sleep Mal asked "can't we just talk for a while Mom?"  --my answer?  Yes, of course.  How could I say no to two girls who are the best of friends.
Next, Carson who had overheard the "yes, you can talk" part came out of his room to ask the same question. Except Lincoln wasn't awake to talk to so when I asked "who are you going to talk to?" he said "Eeyore" and he looked so serious about it with those eyes just staring at me hoping for the reply to be yes because Eeyore is his favorite stuffed animal that sleeps with him every night.  "Yes, you two can talk for a minute Carson" I said while trying not to smile too big.

No comments: