Thursday, December 2, 2010

Run with an Attitude of Gratitude


I like to think I'm a runner but I don't do it often enough to really claim the title.  But on Thanksgiving morning I tried to be. I ran a 5k with my friend Kendra. It was COLD that morning- 7 degrees actually- and I had my doubts about what on earth I was doing this for?!?  The race began as the sun was just peaking over the mountains- I thought it was so fun to see everyone bundled up running and the puffs of hot air rising up and the sunlight hitting it.  (You can kind of see the 'fog' over everyones heads because of it.)  Part way through the race my crazy ear starting acting up.  I know, what does my ear have to do with running?  Well, every single time I run my ears do this bizarre thing that throws off my hearing, balance, breathing and swallowing.  It's a nuisance to say the least.  So I stopped; feeling upset that my ear was messing up my run.  Well I decided to follow the title of the shirts we got for the race and "Run with an Attitude of Gratitude" rather than dwell on my ear issue.  I started running again and named off every blessing I could think of.  It turned out to be SO fun- it made the rest of my Thanksgiving Day terrific and I proudly wore my race shirt to Thanksgiving dinner (no I didn't wear it in the race that morning). 

No comments: