Monday, December 20, 2010

Carson's busy day

Today began by finding a long thick and very dry run of purple nailpolish down the front of the kids bathroom cupboard.  It was also all over the tile floor and splattered across the toilet.  I asked the kids what on earth happened and by piecing his little phrases together have concluded Carson was curious about nailpolish.  So, with cotton ball in hand and a bottle of nailpolish remover, I got to work.  With it all cleaned up, minus the permanant drizzle down the cupboard  I tried to forgive and forget.  Next came little Carson who is potty trained but obviously needs help on aim because my freshly cleaned floor became a huge puddle reaching nearly every surface remotely close to the toilet.  Bathroom cleaned twice now.  Later on I was busy putting in some laundry and came upstairs to find the bathroom occupied again by Carson who had tried his best to wipe and tidy up the bathroom after an "I can do it myself" disaster.  A whole new roll of toilet paper was used and nicely put in the toilet for me.  Uhhh, bathroom scrubbed for the third time in one day.  It's usually lucky to get cleaned that many times in a week!
So, after all that, I thought I'd take a breather and walk a bag of trash outside to the garbage can.  I took little six pound Liberty with me.  We went out the front door-  ahhh, fresh air! ...and by myself for 60 seconds... not quite.  Liberty was sitting on the porch as I walked to the side of the house.  Suddenly two very unfriendly dogs without owners came barking and running up to me-  I was swinging this full bag of garbage at them hoping to scare them off when little Libby came to my rescue.  She went in front of me and right up to the dogs barking at them and holding her ground.  The dogs stopped, sniffed at her for a second and ran off.  Whew.  So much for a breath of fresh air in those couple minutes outside but both Liberty and I went back inside in one piece.  As for Carson, I hope tomorrow is a less eventful day.

1 comment:

Laura Perkins said...

It is nice to have those days few and far between. Hope there are more good days ahead even though the ones make for a better story.