I finally figured out what I want to study from my scripture studies this year. (Yes I do know it's April) -- I'm calling it "What to Remember" -- keyword, remember. I started the Book of Mormon over again this year and I'm only in Mosiah thus far but as I read about King Benjamin and how he wanted his sons to understand a few things before he died he kept using the word REMEMBER. It struck a cord with me. Maybe because it's time to do some 'soul spring cleaning' and recommit to the level of gospel saturation I really desire and that does require REMEMBERING a few things. But I also hope to find some new things that will help me along the journey as I focus on REMEMBERING the simple things that are pointed out as I study.
Just in Mosiah 1:3,6-7 are a list of things to remember and commit to. Ooooh I'm just so excited to have a researched list by the time I finish the Book of Mormon about the things to remember, and learn from- all of which will enhance my happiness and improve my testimony. It's so nice to feel on fire about studying!!
One reminder I re-learned from King Benjamin is how he gets all his people together and teaches them from a tall tower and the people were eager to listen to what he said so they prepared ahead of time and "pitched their tents" towards the direction he would be speaking, they brought their whole families, remembered to bring offerings for the Lord and all necessities so they could just listen when the time came.
It reminds me, especially at this time of General Conference, that I should prepare through prayer for what I'll hear, prepare my family by having all arrangements made so we won't have to go anywhere when the time comes to listen and remember everything else can wait. I love Conference and I'm grateful for the ease in preparing to listen versus how those in the time of King Benjamin had to prepare. What a blessing!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays


No comments:
Post a Comment