Friday, March 6, 2009

Our Little Lincoln


Lincoln was born on February 16th at 12:51 p.m. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 15 ounces and 20 inches long. He looks like a little version of Steve-- beautiful skin color and the dark hair. He's such a peaceful baby thus far. . . can it last? The girls just love him and want to be little mothers and Carson is doing really well with the adjustment of not being the baby anymore. He likes holding Lincoln and pointing out where his ears, eyes and nose are.
We were having the hardest time finding a name for Lincoln. We looked through all our family histories for names we liked and found quite a few- Lincoln among them- but not until we were in the hospital with him in our arms for a day and a half were we sure of his name. His middle name -Allington- was one of our favorite names too. It's special to us as well because it's Steve's grandmothers maiden name and we've been told that Lincoln's long, thin fingers are an Allington family trait.

5 comments:

R said...

so cute!! Those pics look professionally done. I love the name, such a classic and a honor to the month he was born. Yeah!! Take it easy!

J and D said...

Wow Ang! Congrats! He's absolutely gorgeous! (No surprise there!)
You look so good too! It's such a nice spirit to have a newborn in the house, isn't it? Everything just seems more... tender...?
Anyway, I'm SO happy for you! And I cant wait to meet him!

Natalie Walker said...

I can't wait to meet him!! He is SO adorable.

jenilynd said...

Ang!! he is sooooo cute! Congratulations. You have such a cute family!!

Laura W said...

He is so cute! I can't wait for more pictures!! :)