Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ketchup, Mustard and a Mary Poppins Fannypack

Today's lunch consisted of the nutritous hot dog with mac and cheese (we did have applesauce too- some form of fruit at least). The girls insisted on having ketchup and mustard for dipping- I was hoping they'd forget to ask for the easy staining condiments; no such luck. They love to swirl the two together into new shades of orange and dip all their foods into it or put it into their applesauce and create a nasty new color to eat. But most of the mixing is done with their fingers of course and so then it ends up on shirts, in hair, finger printed onto the table and chairs (or anywhere you wouldn't imagine).

I do have precautions to avoid this mess but bibs and rolled up sleeves never seem to solve the mystery of 'how the mustard got on MY shoulder, or the back of their shirts'. Oh well they did eat all their lunch and every trace of ketchup and mustard left on their plates. Now all I need is a magic wand to make the laundry process quicker for getting the beautiful red and yellow out of all their clothing.

Speaking of wishful thinking... between making meals and following the kid toy tornado around, I think all I've accomplished is to change a lot of diapers today. I think the perfect solution to the amound of diapers I change is to have a fanny pack- much like Mary Poppins magical, bottomless bag. I could stuff it full of both Carson and Lincoln's diapers along with plenty of wipes, desitin, tissues, lotions, ointments, etc and carry it around without the true bulkyness it would be. This would save me from stopping what I'm doing (maybe laundry or dishes---hmmm what an idea) and going up to the changing table to get all needed items. Instead I'd have them with me where ever I went with the babies in tote. Great idea? or maybe it's easier to stick with just wanting the magic wand to do it all, ahh well it's just wishful thinking anyway.

1 comment:

Natalie Walker said...

Great idea, Ang... let me know if it works! :) Mia would probably just want to turn it into her purse or something.