Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Learning thru Laundry Baskets

Lots has happened that I'll have to come back to and write about such as-- a week in florida, girls camp, callings, Baby Tyler, health issues, on and on. But for now I don't want to forget a fantastic day- good as can be while on temporary bed rest. The girls have been a Grandma's for a few days and Carson is with me part of the day until Grandma or a neighbor can take him. So today while I laid on the floor and played with just him it was so sweet, I don't get to be with just Carson very often and so it was a tender time. There was clutter, laundry, dirty diapers piled up and a kitchen I wanted to have just disappear but we just sat on the floor anyway and discovered all the things that are possible to do with a laundry basket. He had his first lessons about physics and how leverage works- or doesn't- such as when pulling up to standing by using an EMPTY basket and the cause and effects of gravity which caused him and basket in hand to both topple over. He learned about hide and seek- both in, out and around the basket. He figured out how to push it around the floor and practice his wobbly steps. Sweet Carson didn't know what to think about it being over the top of him but we tried that too. I just enjoyed his ever changing faces as he learns about the world around him. So many simple experiences to try- some to repeat and many I hope he only has to experience and learn from once. What a blessing to be a mother- children are such an awe-inspiring responsibility that I'm thankful to have in my life to teach me as I TRY to teach them. I think they do the better job. What a blessing to have these angels in our home.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Ang,
I want you to know that you are in my prayers and that I hope everything works out with your health.

Natalie Walker said...

Don't you love one on one time? I know that is all I have ever experienced with Mia but I'm sad that I'll have less individual time with her as Crew joins our family. Also, I wish I could have with him what I've had with Mia. I'm sure I'll appreciate our new life just as much though in a different way. :) I wish I was in Utah to help ... you're in my daily prayers too.

J and D said...

Hey, We're thinking of you. Hope you get some answers soon and get to feeling better. Love you!

janers said...

This brings to mind a quote I had when I was growing up...

"It's the simple things in life that mean so much. The thoughts the smiles the touch..."

There is more, but it aludes me now...Thanks for this simple moment post!