Sunday, May 4, 2008

Malorie

Malorie is still our little baby angel child. She's so mild tempered and usually obedient and always happy. She does still like to be the baby, right along with Carson. She's happy to have his binkie if all of hers disappear and on occasion feels she needs a bottle too, she likes to get her duck blanket and wraps it around her and wants to be held- how can I refuse that?! I don't mind the bottles and lingering binkie since she'll be grown up soon enough and it gives me a chance to hold and adore her. She isn't a fan of new people or places and would prefer to play with Kaylee or her baby dolls than have a friend come play. In fact, when we have friends over she's usually found in some corner keeping to herself and playing contently. Recently she's started to have a hard time going to nursery- once she gets in there she's fine but wants to just observe rather than being involved with the kids. She has a sweet nursery teacher that is kind enough to sit and hold her in the rocking chair through about half of nursery each Sunday. I have been so amazed at her lately, at bedtime we sing songs and she's started to chime in and knows all the words to nearly any song I sing. I love to catch her singing and hear her version of the pronunciations... it's so cute I don't want to correct her. I think the biggest difference between her and Kaylee is that I wanted Kaylee to hurry up and do this and learn that but with Malorie I've learned to enjoy the moment- not anticipate the next. Malorie's slow tempo about life has made me learn to slow down too... I love that quality about her. Just enjoy 'right NOW'.

2 comments:

Natalie Walker said...

Malorie is such a sweet little thing. You're lucky that she wants to cuddle and be the baby. Mia wants to be little miss independent and rarely wants to cuddle. It's amazing how they all just have such different temperaments.

J and D said...

Reading about your little girls and Natalie's little one make me wish for a little more femininity at my house! LOL The testosterone surges here!
What sweet moments you get to share with your daughters! (Don't misunderstand, I know boys are AWESOME!!!, but a girl would sure be fun too!):D