There are some scriptures that are forever engrained in me. It's been through others though that some of them have become important. The first one became important from mornings of family prayer and then mom would often have us all recite in unison this verse in Nephi: "And I Nephi said unto my father, I will go and do the things which the Lord has commanded. For I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men, save He shall prepare a way for them, that they may accomplish the thing which He commandeth them." It's one of the first scriptures that comes to my mind when I'm concerned about something.... if Nephi could do all that was asked of him, so can I! Thanks mom and dad.
Another one I love is Proverbs 3:5-6. I remember it being my mom's favorite and it was framed and always on display in the front room when I was growing up: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowlege him, and he will direct thy paths." From this short scripture and the example of my parents as they demonstrated how this can be put to the test- I've come to rely on it too.
More recently, a dear sister in my ward- Virginia- who is I think in her 80's shared her favorite scripture: 3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." This one reminds me what's really important and that my priorities should be those things that will help accomplish the goal of an eternal family with my husband and all our children with us.
One more of my favorites is "Be still and know that I am God". It is such a short statement and yet each word is key. Be still, KNOW, know God. It's help me to take the time and find quiet and stillness by myself so that the Lord can get through to me and I can be ready for promptings, inspiration, guidance and joy. I do feel all of those when I take this scripture to heart.
Last one... this one I've written on the first page of my scriptures. 2 Nephi 32:3 "Feast upon the words of Christ, for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do." What a great promise; that I will know all things that I should do if I'll but feast on these precious words.
I love my scriptures and love that there is always a new favorite one to learn from!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Monday, March 17, 2008
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays


2 comments:
You are amazing Ang. Always amazing! In all that you do you exemplify how we should all be.
I love you!
Darla
You are amazing Angela. Always amazing. In all that you do you exemplify how we should all be.
I love you!
~Darla
Post a Comment