Tyler has been gone from our home for a little over two weeks. It has been heart wrenching to have him leave. In the time we got to be with him we placed him deeply into our hearts- not holding back love, attention or affection and feel like he has fit so perfectly into our hearts and home. It's amazing how we can be blessed with capabilities and love, the Lord gives in abundance when help is asked for. I now find myself asking for more faith. Faith that He knows best, faith in the timing of things, faith that all will be well, and faith that the Lord will direct me in what we should be doing to continue offering help to our friend Angie and to sweet little Tyler.
I found a quote in the book A Mother's Influence that has buoyed me up: (it's from a mother who was part of the Martin Handcart Company): "the price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay, and I am thankful that I was privileged to come in the Martin Handcart Company." The book continues "Such faith is our heritage, you are a daughter of the same Father they had and you have the same stuff in you that they had."
As I've read and re-read this simple testimony of faith, I've evaluated my much simpler circumstances. It hasn't been easy on the heart-strings to become so attached to Tyler and Angie but through this continuing experience I have also become more closely acquainted with my Heavenly Father. I am thankful for the closeness I've felt to my Father in Heaven and the understanding I've gained about the true love of Christ. I've been lifted up and strengthened in simple ways, confirming that I too am loved and in turn know that Tyler is being watched over.
I believe I can say, like the mother who made the trek to the Salt Lake Valley, that the heartaches and worries are "a privledge to pay" when I know it's helped another and I in turn have gained a stronger conviction of the gospel's truthfulness.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Monday, March 17, 2008
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays


No comments:
Post a Comment