Monday, February 25, 2008

What I see


Today was so much fun as I snapped about 50 pictures of the kids playing with a Huggies diaper box. It was the greatest toy of the day- they could all play with it together and it was so facinating, no matter their age... Kaylee and Tyler pushed Carson around in it and Malorie added her baby dolls and blankets to the Huggies 'train'. This picture is so much more than just a Huggies endorsement picture... i see all of them sharing and being so tender to each other. That's how it's been at our house lately, not always, just lately. They've each been little angels; I feel like the Lord is truly blessing us with an abundance of his Spirit along with added love, patience, and obedience. I also see messy hair kids who had a great day playing and changing their clothes into 10 different outfits throughout the day. I see a reel of memories of when I was growing up. Some of my favorite times with my brothers and sisters were in the huge boxes dad would bring home on occasion. He'd craft them into amazing houses with lots of windows to open and then he'd even make the outside of it look like a real house with siding or brick drawings. I'm also reminded that it's okay to use imagination rather than occupy time with a hundred toys- I witnessed it today. I'm thankful for a great day.

2 comments:

Natalie Walker said...

I love the picture with them all playing together! A Huggies box is Mia's most favorite toy too. I had forgotten about Dad designing boxes for us. I wonder if they were really as ornate as I remember them (knowing Dad, they definitely could be).

2058grandkids said...

Angela, I love reading about your days. I like reading how possitive you are. And knowing that with all you have going on you never complain. You and Steve make a good team. I pray for your family always and Anggie too.