Monday, February 4, 2008

Rememberings of Pres. Hinckley

I remember where I was when I heard the six Be's for the first time, how awed I was when reading the Proclamation to the Family- that it's something for the whole world to know. When I could say there's over 100 temples, celebrating President Hinckley's 95th birthday along with everyone in the whole church. I loved hearing about his latest travels around the globe and most recently, that he presided at the regional conference that our Stake participated in- what a blessing it is to see the prophet!

I've loved praying for the prophet each day and Kaylee and Malorie picked up on that too. Malorie would say " pees bess pes-ident Hink-ey". I'll miss hearing those little jumbled up words.

I've been so grateful for his wisdom and guidance during so much of my lifetime- I have his picture and saying "Do the Very Best You Can" on my fridge and I see it staying there for a long time... it keeps me motivated that my best is something I can do. I am grateful for the knowledge that we having living prophets in our day.

No comments: