Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Many unanswered questions


Who's that? Why do you still have him? What's his name? How long will you have him? Why are you doing that!? That's like having twins!! Isn't it a zoo? It's a daycare!! Those are just some of the many comments and questions that I can't give full answers to. But to tell the basic story... we have an extra little baby at our house. His mom is a sweet friend of mine, named Angela-- cool huh? I met her when she moved into our ward and then I was blessed, truly blessed, to also be her visiting teacher and we have become good friends. We were pregnant at the same time and shared pregnancy woes and belly sizes too. Then our little babies were born and I met her little guy Tyler Benjamin and he's been at our house off an on since he was little because Angie is a single parent and I've been available to help out.

He's been staying at our house now for about 2 weeks, give or take a few days. Angie is in transistion... she's just moved out of our ward and is trying to find a place to live, a car (since her's blew up and isn't really fixable), and a job. And in the middle of all this she's had to be in the hospital for a little while. We were so happy to have Tyler come be with us. The girls love him, especially since he can crawl around and play with things. He can get into their toys too and Malorie tells me to 'pick him up'. I've loved having 'twins' and watching how Carson and Tyler interact. I get them all dressed up and we take lots of pictures of the two of them.

We've had him with us the last two Sundays and it's so cute to have two boys dressed up in tiny white shirts, ties, and dark pants. Priesthood holders in the making!!! I think we've turned more than a few heads as we walk into the chapel and sit in our regular seats on the second row carrying two infant carriers. Lots of questions about what we're doing!!!

I don't know how long we'll have Tyler, it could be a lot longer, or maybe just a day or two more. But what I do know is that our home has had an outpouring of love, patience, and the sweet feeling of the Spirit. I feel so fulfilled and am enjoying this experience. Tyler has been a little blessing for us. I know that we're supposed to be helping him. So when people ask how can you stand it? ...isn't it hard? The answer I do have is yes, it's got hard moments but it doesn't feel like a zoo or a daycare. It feels right. It feels like what the Savior would do--- open your arms for one more, the one who needs it. We're being blessed because of it and I wouldn't trade those blessings for anything- not even a little more sleep. Thanks Tyler for being in our home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its been so fun to read your postings and to hear the lessons that you learn and see each day of your life. I feel like I am part of your life through this blog and the same with Janes as she introduced me to the Blog world. Thanks for sharing your stories with me and others. I need to get your email address so we can stay in touch better and here is a link to my blog...
www.thecurleyfam.blogspot.com

Would love to hear from you.

janers said...

good for you ang! thanks again for your example!