Tonight was the Relief Society Christmas Dinner that I've been helping with-- I was a wreck because the final details were only going to come together at the last minute (which is just how it works, and I know it) BUT, I didn't want to be stressing about little details when I was asked to speak at the dinner.... I needed time to 'be still' and focus on the spirit so that hopefully I could share that spirit through my little talk. Well--- I haven't felt so stirred up, uneasy, butterflies and everything for a really long time (it's only supposed to be 5 minutes, what is my problem!) But all day I'd been praying for at least a few minutes to think about what I'd prepared to say. It didn't happen. At 7 pm dinner started and I was just happy to still have my heart in my chest! I sat down to eat dinner but could hardly even swallow - my throat and every muscle felt so tense. So at 7:35 I got up from the table to do something in the kitchen (I can't even remember what) and that's when I saw them... my parents. What were they doing here? I was so excited to see them and find out what the fun surprise visist was for. They'd come to hear my little tiny talk. How thoughtful, too bad I wasn't prepared and definately feeling it. But while I stood there telling them this, what should happen? THEY were the answer to my day-long prayer. Mom told me to speak from my heart to the women that I truly love, and dad... well he shared a personal story assuring me that my need to pee was only my nervous. Hahaha!! Dad lightened my spirits and mom reminded me that I did prepare. And with that I was ready to go back to those wonderful ladies I love.
I love the knowledge that Heavenly Father takes care of us because tonight was a tender experience of being cared for. I'm grateful for parents with the willingness to listen to the spirit, which lead them to a Relief Society dinner where they sat in the back of a dark gym for 10 minutes, just so they could support their daughter. I'm thankful for loving parents, both earthly and heavenly, and love from a room full of dear sisters. Wow, blessings! All things I learned from having to give a nerve-racking 5 minutes talk.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thursday, November 29, 2007
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays


2 comments:
cute stories! Keep them coming! I love you!!!
there is nothing better than a great family and you have three of the best i know. your parents, steve's parents, and you and steve are a great example to me. keep up the greatness!
Post a Comment