Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Best Conversations of the day

Today is one of those days I'm glad is over and I hope tomorrow is better. It's been an instense session on learning patience and endurance through the daily adventures of 3 toddlers at home. I did manage to find a couple things worth remembering:

Carson:
He giggled today!! During the 30 minutes of the WHOLE day that he was happy.

Malorie:
Yummies? Yes, Mal I'd love some yummies. ...Bed? Ooooh, bread sounds so good- can I have a bite? Cook. Okay you can cook it first. ...poon? I do need a spoon to eat a hot dog huh. Cup? Can I have a drink too Mal? ...ate. Plate, good idea, will you put my food on it?baby...down. Go get your baby doll Mal, she's crying downstairs. UP...back, okay? Okay, you'll be right back up? Bye Mal- I love you. Ooo too! ...hug?

Kaylee and Steve at bedtime:
Good night Kaylee. No treats- you've brushed your teeth already. You just went potty, you don't need to go again. Please hold still and close your eyes..... zip those lips honey. I just told you a story. You've had 3 songs- please go to sleep. Mommy can't come, she's putting the baby to bed. Here, cover up again... I"ll scratch you back. Close your eyes. Mommy's still putting the baby to sleep. "But I love my mom!!! I want her. MAAAAAWM?!!!!"

Okay so it is nice to be wanted and needed- even when it's one of those days...ya know, one of those days- do I need say more? It's so nice to hear that I'm loved and wanted- maybe I did do something right today after all. And yep, a hug from a 2 year old makes the day a whole lot better!

1 comment:

janers said...

I long for ONE of THOSE days. ;) Thank you for sharing these memories!!! Love ya.