I can say without any doubt that the funnest days the kids had all summer long were the days spent with Colby, Bradley and Tyler. They were at our home all summer long and even lived with us for the better part of a week while their mom was really sick and lived with us too. I enjoyed watching their imaginative play, since no television was allowed and only a movie or two all summer was watched. They played outside every minute of the day and by some miracle they rarely had a hard time getting along. I can also say that it was my favorite part of summer... what?! Seven kids running around is fun? Yep it was great! I didn't get a single project done and my house was a mess but there were 7 of the happiest kids on the planet at my house and it felt like heaven.
For fun we went hiking and more hiking, for long walks, swimming -only once when taking 7 kids and only 2 adults, had picnics, went to the park, run through the sprinklers, made sidewalk chalk creations the length of 3 houses, had sleepovers and plenty of swinging in the backyard.


No comments:
Post a Comment