I love to hold newborns. I can cuddle and hug them all day long and they don't mind. There is that 'baby smell' that I wish could be saved for forever. I love brushing against their perfect skin. There isn't anything better than holding a newborn- straight from heaven.
I love to hug my little one year old as he reaches up to my face, putting his fingers in my mouth or exploring what eyes and ears are. It's priceless to kiss at his chubby neck and listen to his giggling. I love to watch his eyes watch me intently - he trusts me, I can see it in his face. His cuddly hugs help me feel needed.
I love to hug and hold my two year old. His head on my shoulder with gangly arms wrapped around my neck. His legs tucked up tight, little bottom right there to be patted, all while trying to still fit underneath a favorite infant sized blanket. His wonderment at my disjointed nightly stories reminds be to tell of the best stories. A hug from him is quick, tight and full of fun.
I love holding my tender four year old. She loves her face and back to be tickled but loves doing it back to me too. She sits on my lap with her head against me and arms wrapped around me. I could enjoy her gentleness for hours and she is content with stories of Jesus and reminders of ways to choose the right. Her hugs teach me that nuturing is not to be neglected. I love the angelic hugs of a four year old.
I love my independant six year old hugs. She likes to sit next to me and and snuggle in under my arm. She waits for her turn for attention and is happy to have an 'undivided mom'. I love her happiness in hearing me sing the same selection of bedtime songs each night- she never tires of my imperfect voice. I love her hugs that tell me in her independence, she still wants me and needs me. I love her 'grown up' hug as much as a newborn cuddle, a one year olds wondering gaze, a two year olds tight squeeze 'til you pop' or a four year olds desire to hug me back too. There's nothing as great as a HUG.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays


1 comment:
Awww! SO true. Nothing better than a hug! Sending some in your direction right now! =)
Post a Comment