Malorie loves to watch Disney movies and everytime they show the Disney Castle at the begining of a movie she yells "I want to go there! How come we can't go there?!" My usual reply is "because I don't have lots of money to go there today" that answer seems to stop the conversation that would have included lots of whining about not going there. I didn't know I'd created a problem by that answer being repeatedly given... until today.
Malorie went to preschool today and was supposed to have her tuition check with her but I forgot to send it in her bag. So later on we went back to her teacher's home to deliver the check- Malorie ran up to the door herself to deliver it while I waited in the car with the window down. Her teacher answered and said "oh you didn't need to come back and bring the check today- let me talk to your mom". Hmmm, kind of a funny thing to say I thought as she walked over to chat with me. She proceeded to explain that today when the other kids were turning in their money and she asked Malorie about hers that the reply Malorie gave was "oh, well my mom says we don't have any money". OH!! I was shocked that Malorie said that and I didn't quite know how to fix the obvious error I'd made. I tried to explain the words came out of context but she must not have believed me because she still tried to give back the check "in case we needed it for Christmas- she could wait until January to get paid".
Oh, how embarrassing and hilarious too!
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays


3 comments:
That is pretty funny! Awfully nice of the teacher though to care enough. LOL!
tooo funny!!!! I love what kids come up with to say. Hope you are well. Loved your Christmas card.
Hahahaha. Definitely embarrasing though funny. Did you explain the Disneyland part of the story to the teacher? That's nice of her to be willing to help you through Christmas.
Post a Comment