Thursday, November 19, 2009

Medicated

So it's been a solid three weeks of circling sickness at our home. We've been to the doctor enough times I can drive there with my eyes closed. Carson was the first one to be put on antibiotics and then a week later Lincoln. In between giving out doses of amoxicilin and filling up ear canals with numbing drops I've been plastering the four kids with vicks rub, handing out vitamin C as if it were Halloween candy and searching for the thermometer I put down 'right here- where is it?'. Then with the antibiotics came the need for diaper cream for the new diaper rash, next came yeast infections thanks again to the antibiotics-- so another layer of medicated cream is added to the diaper area. Oh, and don't forget the schedule of cough syrup, pain relievers and how many cough drops have you had in the last hour? But then the plugged noses need saline spray and Lincoln's last breath is again saved by using the blue bulb 'sucker' thingy and a random infected belly button remedied. And all this is done with a momma that's had no sleep or much sanity but still isn't sick. I'll take the blessings I can get- and that is a BIG one. So until this nasty cold gets kicked to the curb what is MY medication for making it through the day AND long nights? ...lots of chocolate and the hymn I need thee every hour; with all it's truthfulness, running through my head.

1 comment:

Natalie Walker said...

It sounds so exhausting!!! I hope you can stay healthy through it all. "I Need Thee Every Hour" is one of my favorites and definitely needs to run on repeat around my house too.