Sunday, June 14, 2009

K is for kids worth keeping

At this point in life when I take "ALL" the kids with me somewhere I get stares as people visably count: 1, 2, 3, 4 . . . and then look at me; then I'm told "you sure have your hands full". At first I didn't know how to react to that statement- I kind of felt offended thinking that I must look like a fool who has more that I can handle, so what am I doing in public taking four little kids?! But I 'feel' like I'm handling it just fine (on most days that is) and so I've changed my outlook and decided that when I'm told "I have my hands full" that --yep, I DO have my hands full. Full of my blessings that I cherish dearly. In fact I usually carry one blessing on my hip another attached to my side and two more holding my hand-- ya figure that one out. But somehow that's how it is- truly. I'm grateful to "have my hands full".


Kaylee is officially done with Kindergarten- which started out being called "kard a getten" but sadly she has grown up so much since those first days of her schooling career. Her letters have gone from squiggily lines and circles to well formed words. I'm so proud of her and what she's worked so hard on!! I've enjoyed the necessary 20 minutes of reading and now she's the one reading to me- which has me all excited and wanting to buy all my favorite books to hear her read them... all in due time I keep reminding myself (she can't read Nancy Drew just yet) but Morris the Moose is the latest book she's reading on her own- how fun!



Malorie turns four in just a few weeks and has fine-tuned her mothering skills. She tends to the boys needs without being asked and wants to kiss and hold all day- I just love her tender heart. She's counting down the days to her birthday and wants to be seven-- I think so that for once SHE will be the biggest and the oldest. I'm now seeing how the oldest sibling can be a hard person to deal with (I feel sorry for my own younger siblings- I have no doubt they had quite the feat putting up with me as the oldest sibling!)


Carson LOVES his little brother and puts cars and balls in his carseat and bed all the time. Carson likes giving kisses too but the problem is that it usually turns into a nibble. Lincoln's forhead and fingers have been nibbled hard enough to have teeth marks!! I feel so sorry for Lincoln but also for Carson because he's just showing some 'brotherly love' and gets rebuked for it.



Lincoln has become such a fun baby! I've enjoyed each moment of his little life thus far but I'm really, REALLY enjoying this phase. He smiles, coos and laughs the moment he's paid any attention and just loves to be held-- and I'm all too happy about that. He's not a wonderfully sleepy baby at night- he likes our bed better than his own but I don't mind. (I know, bad habit in the making but I just love having him cuddled with us) Plus, time goes by too quickly not to snatch each kiss and cuddle I can right now.





3 comments:

R said...

I hate that comment too, you seem busy busy. I hope you're having a fun summer so far.

janers said...

Oh supper cute pics ang! they all show exactly how they are - but i swear that is not carson...he smiles? what?!? i thought all he did was whine. I DEFINATELY need to come over for THIS phase. ;) You know I love them all and only wish that I had at least half the handful you have. Heck, I'd take a fourth! So sorry I'm going to miss my opportunity to hang with lil linc tomorrow night! Your an inspiration to me ang...thanks so much for your example.

Natalie Walker said...

They are all so adorable and I MISS them!! They are getting so big! Not to mention I need to meet Lincoln. Man, Christmas is not coming fast enough!