So how many movies could you watch in a row before growing sick of them? I'm not a big fan of going to the movies- I think I'm a little too picky about them. But this last weekend our whole little family has been so sick! Steve and I haven't felt like doing anything and thank heavens neither have the girls. So over the course of one weekend we rented 11 movies! Whoa! I do have say that all were G or PG, most were for the whole family's viewing. The few we had for just Steve and I were awful! We turned off 3 movies (keep in mind, rated PG) because they had content we don't watch! I thought we were going to be safe from "that stuff" because we don't watch PG-13 movies (except on rare occasions-- for example: Harry Potter or Pirates of the Caribean). So that technically brings the count down to 8 movies in one weekend and I must say that I don't care to see another one in the near future.
The fun part of the sick filled weekend was letting go of all church responsiblities and just being mom. Ahhh, it felt so good! We played hide and seek, did every puzzle in the closet a couple times, had a homemade chicken noodle soup picnic out in the sunshine- eatting it with a toothpick (it made the girls a little more excited about eatting it :) and pushed them on the swings for forever. We had the frontroom set up as our campout quarters- equiped with a small tent and everything. It was so fun (minus the rudolph nose and pounding head part) and I realized how grateful I am to be a mom.
So on Mother's Day it wasn't a day I could be 'waited on' - it was another 'be a mom' day. Which I was fine with because I've felt revitalized in my job as a mother because of this weekend. I find joy in taking care of the kids and my hubby- who acts like one of the kids when he's sick...hehehe!! And I love the look of enjoyment on their faces when I take the time to just be there.
And last, I've realized how priceless it is when Malorie says: "Me a Mom!" while she carts her baby dolls around.
skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Monday, May 12, 2008
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays


1 comment:
I'm sorry you guys have been sick, but it sounds like you certainly made the best of it! Next time I'm sick can I come to your house? :)
Post a Comment