Thursday, April 24, 2008

You're going to miss this

There's a country song with words that say: "You're doing to miss this, you're going to want this back, you're going to wish these days hadn't gone by so fast..." and it's been running in my mind all this week.

When Steve and I finally get to sit down and talk about the crazy things have have happened throughout the week it is usually things that won't be happening forever; and this song has reminded me to live now, not wait for a different time in life. Some of the things I think I'll miss (or maybe not) are... Malorie sitting on the toilet backwards, the girls playing in cardboard boxes, Carson screaming because he's on his stomach and doesn't realize he CAN crawl-- just backwards, the need for drinks and potty runs after getting into bed, lots of mac and cheese, polly pocket pieces everywhere, piles of dirty diapers, binkie hunts in the middle of the night, blue bubblegum toothpaste smeared on the bathroom counter every morning and night, finding baby dolls and stuffed animals in our bed, holes in tights after wearing only once to church.

This list makes me smile because it's pretty humorous what these sweet, innocent little ones do... I do wish they could stay small a little longer, I don't want these days to go by too fast.

2 comments:

Natalie Walker said...

Good reminder. Malorie sits on the toilet backwards??? I can only imagine how crazy things are going to get as our family expands but I, too, wish that time could slow down. These are precious days and they go way too fast.

ang said...

Malorie thinks she's so funny because she can climb up on the toilet by herself and sit backwards... I think the first time was an accident- she just happened to be that way but now it's a fun trick!