skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Grandpa
It's been a little over 2 weeks since Grandpa passed away on Christmas Eve. I've had many thoughts in my head but wasn't ready to write them down yet. But today's the day. Where do I start though? Do I tell you first about his big hands that always gave an encouraging pat on the back every time I saw him or about his big heart that gave and gave- so much support, love, kindness and care? Or do I tell you about the way he'd bounce all us grandkids on his knee- being our horse over and over again.... did he ever get tired of that? Or what about when he was at Malorie's blessing day and as I sat by him afterward he leaned over to me and said "you know that Grandma and I love these kids just like they were our own?" I won't forget that moment or the many others that have played on the endless reel in my head the last couple weeks. What's the most important thing to write down about this legacy in my life? I think it's simply that I love him and he's living with Heavenly Father- I KNOW that. And I'll get to see him again someday but until then I have many memories to keep him close and continue the legacy he left.
Scott Kids
Kaylee
Malorie
Carson Drew
Lincoln
Liberty and Scout
Ang's Bucket List
- Learn to drive a stick shift
- Live outside of Utah
- Compile all my favorite quotes
- Serve a mission with Steve
- Learn sign language
- Become a good swimmer
- Make a snow cave in the mountains and sleep in it
- Create an oil painting
Steve's Bucket List
- Watch the fireworks in Disneyland while riding on Thunder Mountain
- Start a humanitarian project
- Play a musical instument really well
- Find history about someone in my family line that no one has found yet
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska
- Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours
- Run a marathon in 4 1/2 hours
- Climb the 10 tallest peaks in Utah
- Compete in a Triathlon
My Like List
- Marking up a book as I read it...which shows that I read it and have favorite quotes in it!
- 'TRYING' to play tennis with my hubby
- Reading books with my kids
- Tall glass of water- no ice and at room temperature
- Days that I can have all the windows and doors open
- Crisp, clean sheets
- Old jeans that fit perfectly
- New white shoes
- Ordering Omlettes at IHOP (means I didn't have to make them!)
- Sleeping in on Saturdays


2 comments:
Oh Ang. I'm so sorry! I didn't know about your grandpa. What nice memories you have of him. My thoughts are with you.
Angela,
You are an amazing woman that I will always look up too. I love that there is an Eternal Plan of Salvation that keeps us all together forever. When my Grandpa passed away, I was 8 years old. I didn't know him very well. Over the years, and with the love of Heavenly Father, I feel that I know my Grandpa as if he is with me everyday and I love him so much more than I could know. I have a spiritual relationship with my Grandpa even to this day. He is one of my guardian angels. I know that you can count on your Grandpa to watch and give close care to you and your family. He will watch over Kaylee, Malorie and Carson. He is now with you always and may serve as a messenger for you. Heaven is beautiful. I love you Ang. You are absolutely the most wonderful sister-in-law I could ever ask for.
Post a Comment