Monday, January 21, 2008

Carson Drew

There's always some stranger in a store somewhere that will randomly come up and say something like: Oh what a cute baby... does he sleep through the night yet? And my response is "Oh ya, he sleeps through the night, doesn't cry, and eats whatever I give him." Uh-hu, yeah right!! (does anyone really believe that!?) Well, the response seems to satisfy everyone. But really? It's nothing like that but no one at the store wants to hear the truth of crankiness, crying, spitting up and sleepless nights. So here's the honest truth.

Yes, he is SO fun--- he intrigues me. I can't get over his soul searching eyes or his bald head (since both of his sisters had tons of jet black hair). He is resilient to his big sisters who have sat on him, squeezed and pinched him, but mostly just loved him to death. He has been so different than the girls- it's so fun having a boy!!! He has this desire to suck on something all the time- he loves fingers- his own and everyone elses, soft cheeks (so not his dada's) and tries to eat my chin all the time. I've even been the recipient of a hicky on my chin! Ya that's fun to explain.

But then there's his acid reflux. It is the reason I now have perma-racoon eyes and huge arm muscles from holding him upright every minute of the day. I can't remember much of my to-do list because my memory is shot and I usually feel like a zombie but "it's just a stage" everyone says... and of course I should 'enjoy' the stage while it's here. Yep, I do. I'll have a couple new wrinkles as tokens of this stage that I'm sure I'll enjoy too.

After acid reflux came eczema... right on the middle of his forehead! It's under control now but while trying to fix it without using perscription creams I used a ultra, mega, supposed to be amazing, moisturizing cream that only made his poor head all red and inflamed. I guess the first child isn't always the only one that is experimented on.

And after all this venting... I am completely in love with Carson Drew. This last Sunday I watched the adorable, clean cut, 12 year old Aaronic Priesthood holders passing the sacrament and was filled with joy knowing that the babe in my arms would some day serve others by using his priesthood. I am just so proud to have a son that is soon to be an active part of the righteous army of God. I hope I can raise him to be valiant and strong for the decisions he will face....

5 comments:

Precious said...

Ang - I feel ya, girl. Gavin has acid reflux too. The doctor has him on prevacid once a day and it seems to be working finally! The waiting for "the stage" to be over with, the no sleep (Gavin's never sleeping the same amound of hours in the evening)and the constantly trying new ways to make him happy, like holding him; make us so weary, huh? I miss you guys, and hope you get over your sickies. check out our blog at staitfam.blogspot.com or email me at nikkers2000@yahoo.com. Love reading your blog! You should write a book - you are a literary genius! - Nikki T

Natalie Walker said...

I love your pictures of Carson! He is SOOOO cute!! I can't believe he is getting so big. It makes me sad to be so far away and not be able to watch him or Kaylee or Maloree grow up.

ang said...

Ahhh, someone who relates!! Carson is also on Prevacid- and stuff called Axid that I give to him in the middle of the day and middle of the night. But because of the fussiness, it does give me more reason to hold him. If he was a perfect angel baby he might be left more to himself while I tend to the girls but this way he is sure to be held. (Thanks for your blog info!) Good luck with the babe and finding a schedule- what would that be like 'eh?

janers said...

ha ha ha...thank you for making a really long day delightful. very good reading! sounds like baby carson relates very well to his dad...always demanding attention, never sitting idly by! ;)

ang said...

jane, jane, jane. What would life be like without your sweet REALISTIC comments. love ya!