Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Heavenly Connection

Little Carson was buckled up in his carseat as we were about ready to head out the door. He needed his binkie and was just getting past the whimpering stage and headed to a sound that might actually get someones attention when Malorie went to 'save' him. She gave him a hug, kiss and then his binkie (upside down), he still took it. Then she stood up and just stared down at him and he stared back. Wow-- as I watched it I could've swore there was a very adult conversation going on. I wish I could've been on their frequency- a heavenly one for sure. I know they were siblings and friends long before now.
I like to put myself in the sibling role right along side my kids- did they say way back when we were in Heaven: "we're all friends, we know you've got things to work on Angela but we'll be in your family- you can be the mom- we'll teach ya the ropes when we get down there with you." I am thankful for kids who can be my friends forever.

2 comments:

Natalie Walker said...

Oh I miss my sweet nieces and little Carson. I had to get on your blog today because I couldn't remember what his sweet face looked like. I can just picture this scene in my head; sweet little Malorie mothering Carson just as I watched her care for her dolls. And Malorie probably learned from Kaylee.

Yesterday for Mia's birthday, she received a doll. Its eyes are closed as though sleeping, it has a simple pink sleeper on, and has a wind-up key in the back which plays a lullaby. And she loves it. She cuddles it and holds it and, of course, along with everything else, tries to eat it. Today she took it to bed with her for a nap. And I wonder if it's something innate in all of us that makes us want to cuddle a sleeping baby, even if it is plastic and stiff like Mia's doll.

janers said...

OH...now I know why I've not visited this blog. Way too cute! I'm not sure I can handle it that you have three, ok...four (counting stevo of course) of what I want most! BABIES!!!